I talk a lot about the importance of creating space for your soul to breathe. One question I often hear is how?
What does it look like to create space for your soul? Practically, on a Tuesday, in the middle of your regular life?
I’ve been writing the answer for the past ten years but my words don’t always provide prescriptive advice. I admit, that’s just not my style.
While part of me is resistant to the question, another part is compelled to continue to answer it. In fact I see it as part of my calling, part of my responsibility to teach this practice of creating space — if I say it’s important (and it is) and if I practice it myself (and I do!) then I need to come up with the words to explain what that could look like for someone else, maybe even for you.
Links + Resources From This Episode:
- Episode 76: Create a Simple Morning Routine
- Simply Tuesday
- Get the Simply Tuesday audiobook for free in August courtesy of Christian Audio
- A Million Little Ways
- Invitation to Retreat by Ruth Haley Burton
- Guerillas of Grace by Ted Loder
- Placemaker by Christie Purifoy
- Whistling in the Dark by Frederick Buechner
- Grab a copy of The Next Right Thing
- August 20th Only: Get The Next Right Thing 50% off at Barnes & Noble
- Find me on Instagram @emilypfreeman
We all approach decision-making differently. Want to know your decision-making personality? Take the short decision-making style quiz.