“He did not wait till the world was ready, till men and nations were at peace. He came when the Heavens were unsteady, and prisoners cried out for release.” – Madeleine L’Engle, First Coming
As we anticipate Christmas again this year, may we allow whatever we carry to rise up to the surface, whether it be grief, indifference, joy, disappointment, heartbreak, courage, or love.
As we acknowledge the colorful mix of our own humanity, may we offer it all to Jesus, joining one another in preparing Him room.
Peace isn’t dependent upon the room we’re walking into. Instead, because of Immanuel, we bring Peace with us when we walk into rooms.
We can sit down on the inside even when there is a lot to do.
I would love to help.
Links + Resources From This Episode:
- The Quiet Collection for Christmas – Learn more here
- Isaiah 11: 1-6
- The Ordering of Love: The New and Collectied Poems of Madeleine L’Engle by Madeleine L’Engle
- Luke 17: 20
- Find me on Instagram @emilypfreeman
The Quiet Collection for Christmas is available from now until December 11, 2018. In this 14 day audio devotional series, I would love to help you:
- approach December with new hope and fresh eyes
- set your mind before you start your day
- find relief from seasonal anxiety
- discern your next right thing in love