“When I hold on to the wrong things, the wrong things hold on to me.”
One of the most unlikely practices that have helped me learn to release some things is by standing on my head. Not metaphorically, but actually, physically standing on my head.
I’ve been delightfully surprised at the simple lessons I’ve learned while physically practicing this inversion – but the truth is we can practice standing on our head even if we never get upside down. It’s all about perspective.
In my own personal practice of letting go this month, I’m realizing I need to let go of the version of myself who feels like she always has to be productive.
Here are 3 things the headstand is helping me to let go of in order to make room for something good.
Links + Resources From This Episode:
- The Jesus Way: A Conversation on the Ways that Jesus is the Way by Eugene Peterson
- The Next Right Thing Podcast Episode 01: Become a Soul Minimalist
- Let Your Life Speak: Listening for the Voice of Vocation by Parker Palmer
- Find me on Instagram @emilypfreeman
- Get the monthly letter here