In his book based on a commencement speech he gave at Dartmouth College in 2011, Charles Wheelan tells a story about advice he never forgot and wants to pass on to graduates: Don’t try to be great. Let’s put the pandemic aside, discover the freedom in that counter-intuitive advice, and give three cheers to the students, teachers, and families of the graduating class of 2020. Listen in.
Links + Resources From This Episode:
- 10 1/2 Things No Commencement Speaker Has Ever Said by Charles Wheelan
- Life Without Lack by Dallas Willard
- Souvenirs of Solitude by Brennan Manning
- Episode 81: Listen To This Before Graduation
- Grab a copy of my book The Next Right Thing
- Find me on Instagram @emilypfreeman
We all approach decision-making differently. Want to know your decision-making personality? Take the short decision-making style quiz.