In our last episode, I talked about the HALT method and how using that can help when we have big decisions to make. In summary, try to avoid making big decisions when you’re hungry, angry, lonely, or tired. Instead, do the next right thing – eat, breathe, find a friend, or go to bed.
Today I’ve come up with another acronym to help us consider other states of being that could skew our ability to think clearly about decisions: FOGI (pronounced foggy – Are you annoyed with me yet? Hang in there!)
Links + Resources From This Episode:
- Episode 115: Before You Decide, HALT
- Episode 21: Find a No Mentor
- Episode 80: Don’t Take Offense
- Grab a copy of my book, The Next Right Thing
- Find me on Instagram @emilypfreeman
We all approach decision-making differently. Want to know your decision-making personality? Take the short decision-making style quiz.