If it seems like the people around you are taking big steps while all yours feel small and inconsequential, listen in. Because the allure of fame and the power of attention messes with us. It interferes with our ability to do the next right thing because maybe we’re waiting for the next big thing.
In today’s episode, I’ll share what a singer, a cyclist, and a make-believe boss have to teach us about faithfulness, fame, and the gift of obscurity.
Links + Resources From This Episode:
- American Idol Winner 2012
- Oprah Interviews Lance Armstrong Part 1
- Soul Keeping by John Ortberg
- Simply Tuesday by Emily P. Freeman
- Parks and Recreation, Season 6 Episode 7 “Recall Vote” – the one where Ron’s in Bloosh