In nearly every major and sometimes not-so-major decision, I’ve prayed for clarity. I’ve shared here before how in times of cloudy decision-making frustration, I’ve even Googled how to make a decision.
More and more, though, every time the word “clarity” comes out of my mouth, I hesitate. I’m realizing for me, clarity can be a more acceptable word for control. If I could just see the future, I could make a good decision about this part of my life.
Today’s practice is to take a 10 minute timeout and consider a few simple questions in the presence of God. Listen in.
Links + Resources From This Episode:
- Episode 27: Stop Rushing Clarity
- John 14
- Group Spiritual Direction by Rose Mary Dougherty
- Recapturing the Wonder by Mike Cosper
- Grab a copy of my book, The Next Right Thing
- Find me on Instagram @emilypfreeman
We all approach decision-making differently. Want to know your decision-making personality? Take the short decision-making style quiz.