July 19th, 2019 marked 50 years since Apollo 11 made the historic trip to the surface of the moon. While history highlights the moon walk, the truth is we would be telling a different story if the astronauts had not returned home safely.
In our last episode I shared about my plan to take a six week sabbatical and the importance of coming away for awhile to allow soul space for creative decision making. But going away to plan, pray, and create is only helpful if you return. So today I’ll share about the equally important task of coming back.
Links + Resources From This Episode:
- Episode 88: Come Away For Awhile
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts by Susan Cain
- Astronaut Scott Kelly walking on Earth after a year in space on the Verge
- Rob Maddock on Atmospheric Reentry on PhysOrg
- How Astronauts Return to Earth by Beth Wilson
- Whistling in the Dark by Frederick Buechner
- Grab a copy of The Next Right Thing book
- Find me on Instagram @emilypfreeman
We all approach decision-making differently. Want to know your decision-making personality? Take the short decision-making style quiz.