“Space has a spiritual equivalent and can heal what is divided and burdensome in us.” — Gretel Ehrlich
For over 13 years I’ve been writing under that headline: creating space for your soul to breathe. I stand by it as a foundational practice for all of us (not just those of us with introverted personalities or who gravitate toward the contemplative tradition).
Creating space for the soul is part of being a healthy human. For some of us that phrase sounds delightful. But for others, not so much.
What does it mean to create space for the soul and why does it matter?
Great questions. Listen in.
Links + Resources From This Episode:
- The Solace of Open Spaces by Gretel Ehrlich
- Soul Keeping by John Ortberg
- Episode 7: Faithfulness, Fame, and the Gift of Obscurity
- Holy Listening by Margaret Guenther
- #LiteraryLondon + #TravelsWithTsh
- Grab a copy of The Next Right Thing book!
- Find me on Instagram @emilypfreeman
We all approach decision-making differently. Want to know your decision-making personality? Take the short decision-making style quiz.