Just like any ordinary practice can be a spiritual discipline if it brings us into the presence of God, so can any ordinary place be a sanctuary if we will to see it so.
Cultivating quietness in our lives is less about our stage of life and more about our state of mind. You can be busy and soulful at the same time. The key is in paying attention.
Links + Resources From This Episode:
- Episode 58: Welcome Silence
- Brennan Manning
- The Monthly Letter
- Let Your Life Speak: Listening to the Voice of Vocation by Parker Palmer
- Invitation to Solitude and Silence: Experiencing God’s Transforming Presence by Ruth Haley Barton
- Have One Last Thing delivered to your inbox on Saturday mornings
- To Bless The Space Between Us: A Book of Blessings by John O’Donohue
- What’s your next right thing today? Share it using #mynextrightthing + tag @emilypfreeman!
- Find me on Instagram @emilypfreeman