In 2012 singer John Mayer had surgery on his vocal cords and was ordered not to speak for two months or sing for six. His healing depended on his silence.
While his need was physical, perhaps silence is required for all kinds of healing: the wounds of the body and of the soul. Today’s episode offers a short practice to help ease into silence, one small moment at a time.
Links + Resources From This Episode:
- Shattered Dreams by Larry Crabb
- Psalm 62:5-6 (The Message)
- Episode 57: Don’t Dread Your Weird Life
- Sharing Silence by Gunilla Norris
- What’s your next right thing today? Share it using #mynextrightthing + tag @emilypfreeman!
- Find me on Instagram @emilypfreeman