After the winds and rain of hurricane Michael, we navigated our way through our dark house, not a beam of light from a street lamp or a night light or even the light of the moon, I realize there’s a skill to walking in the dark: you have to go slow, trust what you know, and take it one step at a time.
This next right thing mindset is changing how I make decisions, how I see the future, and how I move forward when I can’t see my way.
If you are in the midst of your own darkness today, I hope these words will bring a bit of a comfort.
Links + Resources From This Episode:
- Ten Best Books I Read in 2017
- Ten Best Books I Read in 2016
- Ten Best Books I Read in 2015
- Ten Best Books I Read in 2014
- Learning to Walk in the Dark by Barbara Brown Taylor
- Four by Sleeping At Last
- Christa Wells on Instagram – Some of them, some of the time.
- Psalm 23
- Find me on Instagram @emilypfreeman