“The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul.” – Psalm 23:1-3
I make a few confessions in this one and maybe you can relate.
More than ever, I’m convinced that beneath our hectic schedules, our proud accomplishments, and our self-sufficiencies, we simply long to be loved and cared for right where we are, no strings attached.
Maybe in these few minutes we have together, our God will father and mother us in all the ways we need the most.
Links + Resources From This Episode:
- Psalm 23
- Choosing Rest: Cultivating a Sunday Heart in a Monday World by Sally Breedlove
- Soul Keeping: Caring For the Most Important Part of You by John Ortberg
- Rhythms of Rest: Finding the Spirit of Sabbath in a Busy World by Shelly Miller
- The Dusty Ones: Why Wandering Deepens Your Faith by AJ Swoboda
- Sabbath: Finding Rest, Renewal, and Delight In Our Busy Lives by Wayne Muller
- Find me on Instagram @emilypfreeman