“We need trustworthy relationships, tenacious communities of support, if we are to sustain the journey toward an undivided life.” –Parker J. Palmer
Photo by Kimson Doan on Unsplash
If you have a big decision to make and you’ve taken the time to settle in and listen to the heartbeat of your own life, you may still feel unsettled with what comes next.
This week, I’ll share some teachers available to us in our lives that we often overlook.
Perhaps you don’t need a collection of gurus as much as you need a a group of co-listeners. Here’s how I found mine.
Links + Resources From This Episode:
- Clearness Committee – I know very little about this Quaker practice so this is not an endorsement of this group, merely information if you would like to learn more about the purpose behind a group of intentional listeners like this. Since I mentioned it, I wanted to give you a reference to learn more.
- Episode 24: Look for Arrows (Not Answers)
- Episode 32: Stop Collecting Gurus
- Numbers 6:24-26
- Life Together by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- Find me on Instagram @emilypfreeman
- Get the monthly letter here