For the third year in a row, I’m hosting a conversation with John, who I have shared life with in marriage for 22 years. We have two college-age kiddos who have just finished their freshman year and one rising high school junior.
Professionally, John runs a local community funded nonprofit called Grace Discipleship, where he serves as a spiritual director providing soul care and discipleship for the next generation. John has been a steady listening presence for several decades here in our hometown of Greensboro, North Carolina, and he regularly meets with teenagers, college students, couples and ministry workers to hold prayerful space for them to discern what God might be up to in and around them.
Today I’m glad to sit down with John again to answer some of the questions you tossed our way about the first years of marriage, the role spiritual direction plays in our life and work, and how we’re faring as nearly-there empty-nesters. Listen in.
LINKS + RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Episode 184: The Next Right Thing In Marriage with John Freeman
- Episode 237: For When Things Are Changing (with John Freeman)
- Episode 167: Spiritual Direction for Beginners
- Episode 178: How to Find A Spiritual Director
- Order Sacred Companions by David Benner
- Follow John on Instagram @freemanjohn
- The Quiet Collection app
- Order The Next Right Thing Guided Journal
- Grab a copy of my book The Next Right Thing
- Find me on Instagram @emilypfreeman
I’m Emily and I’m glad you’re here! If you’re struggling to discern your next right thing, grab this free guide to help you make any decision today.