Today I’m glad to welcome Ruth Haley Barton to the podcast to talk about an important and often misunderstood spiritual practice: sabbath. Ruth has spent over 20 years as a student, a practitioner and a leader in the area of Christian spirituality and spiritual formation. She served on the staff of several churches before founding the Transforming Center, a ministry dedicated to creating space for God to strengthen the souls of leaders, equipping them to lead transforming communities. Ruth has written several books that have been transformational in my own life, and her most recent release is called Embracing Rhythms of Work and Rest: From Sabbath to Sabbatical and Back Again which is what I can’t wait to talk with her about today. Listen in.
Links + Resources From This Episode:
- Ruth’s podcast: Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership
- Embracing Rhythms of Work and Rest: From Sabbath to Sabbatical and Back Again
- Order The Next Right Thing Guided Journal
- Grab a copy of my book The Next Right Thing
- Find me on Instagram @emilypfreeman
I’m Emily and I’m glad you’re here! If you’re struggling to discern your next right thing, grab this free guide to help you make any decision today.