What is the soul and what is the impact of fame and success on it? Also, how can we cultivate a good and beautiful life with spiritual practices without sinking into judgment or legalism?
Today I’m thrilled to talk to my friend, Dr. James Bryan Smith, who has been a theology professor at Friends University for several decades and was recently named the inaugural Dallas Willard Chair in Christian Spiritual Formation. Jim is an ordained minister in the United Methodist Church and a co-founding pastor of Chapel Hill UMC, in Wichita, Kansas. He is also a best-selling author of twelve books, most notably The Apprentice Series (InterVarsity Press), which includes The Good and Beautiful God as well as his most recent release, The Good and Beautiful You that we’ll talk about today. Listen in.
Links + Resources From This Episode:
- Listen to Friends in Formation, a Renovaré podcast and today’s episode sponsor
- The Good and Beautiful You by Dr. James Bryan Smith
- Learn more about my Summer Writing Intensive with hope*writers
- Order The Next Right Thing Guided Journal
- Grab a copy of my book The Next Right Thing
- Find me on Instagram @emilypfreeman
I’m Emily and I’m glad you’re here! If you’re struggling to discern your next right thing, grab this free guide to help you make any decision today.