How can we continue to move forward when so many things seem like they’re standing still? When we’re still carrying grief? When our hearts are broken? Sometimes our next right thing isn’t to solve a problem, it’s to carry it longer. It’s called lament and I’m learning it is my next right thing. Maybe it’s yours too?
Links + Resources From This Episode:
- The Next Right Thing listeners can get 2 free months of Skillshare! Details here.
- This Too Shall Last by K.J. Ramsey
- Psalm 13 (NIV)
- The Redemptive Edge: Creative Action Begins with Lament
- Whistling in the Dark by Frederick Buechner
- Grab a copy of my book The Next Right Thing
- Find me on Instagram @emilypfreeman
I’m Emily and I’m glad you’re here!
We all approach decision-making differently. Want to know your decision-making personality? Take the short decision-making style quiz.