May we become so obsessed with our accomplishments that we wear ourselves out once and for all. May we stare at our reflection long enough to get on our own nerves. May we finally see our own inadequacy as a sharp reminder that we aren’t meant to navigate this life alone. And in fact, our real life is Jesus.
May the love of God fill up the holes in our theology. May we fling ourselves into the mystery of Christ with the careless abandon of a child.
Enjoy your weekend, friends. Here are a few good reads for along the way.
- Out in the Wild // Amber Haines
- Andrew Peterson at The Burning Edge of Dawn // Ivan Mesa with Andrew Peterson
- Lit by Shannan Martin // “Sometimes, secondhand smoke is the fragrance of Christ himself, and I pull a long drag.”
- That Time I Rearranged an Airport Bookstore // Seth Haines
- Are You Willing to Listen to the Darkness? // Heather Caliri