Survey Results and A Kind Thank You

The last time I checked, over 1500 of you have offered your feedback in the survey I sent out last week. And though that number only represents a fraction of you who are reading, your responses to the 8 question survey have come at just the right time.

chatting at the skyI expected to get an idea of what you’d like to see more of, to see less of, and to get some insight into where my passions and your needs intersected a bit more specifically.

What I didn’t expect was for your answers to those 8 silly questions to so profoundly remind me who I am and why I do this.

So thank you for taking the time to affirm and confirm some things for me. For example, when I asked you if you could only choose ONE topic to read about here, this is what you said:

favorite topic chatting at the sky

1. Everyday Faith (39%)

2. Rest & Simplicity (11%)

3. Art (9%)

4. Courage (7%)

5. For Your Weekend (7%)

These five categories made up 73% of the favorites, with the remaining 27% spread out among the other 17 categories. When I asked what topics you didn’t want to read about here, 932 of you straight up skipped the question. I take this as a good sign.

This isn’t the kind of place you come to because of a specific topic, even though I know many of you have some specific interests you prefer.

For the most part, you come here to pause,  take a breath, and to remember the simplicity and depth of your faith in a fast-moving world. And this is exactly why I write here. I’m glad we’ve found each other.

On to the most important question of the survey (or at least the most fun), here is where our lives are reflected back to us in the form of primetime television:

If your life was a TV showI love us.

For those of you who didn’t get a chance to weigh in on the survey (there is an opportunity to write in feedback if you so choose), you can do that here.

Thank you all again for joining me as we walk, crawl, struggle, and sometimes run in faith together.

Tomorrow we’ll be sharing What We Learned in March – I hope to see you back here then!


  1. says

    1500 “is just a fraction”…wow, I’ve known you were wonderful and I’m in good company.
    Looking forward to March Learning links…
    encourage us to read each others posts,
    you’ve gathered an awesome community
    and the posts are all so informative, uplifting and inspiring!

  2. says

    steady, consistent, quiet, inviting. All descriptors I have used when I tell others about your blog. Glad so many others are in agreement; I am still amazed that there are people who haven’t yet found you! I am a Chatting at the Sky evangelist!

  3. says

    I love us too! (and this lovely little space here where we all get to come and breathe and be refreshed together!) And… once again… oh no – What I Learned is tomorrow? (insert wishful thinking of that running list I keep thinking I should start!)

  4. says

    1. We’d probably read your grocery list :) (I knew a guy once who said that about Max Lucado – a friend saw Max and told him, so he sent a grocery list scrawled on the back of a business card to the man.) When you’re a good writer, you’re a good writer.
    2. If you don’t mind sharing, which Television show would be your life? Since this was a very important question 😉
    3. Thanks for sharing the results of the survey – I’m always curious about how these things end.
    4. Finally, thank you for your presence here – it does make a difference.

  5. says

    Hi Emily, this is the first time I am getting to your blog and I must tell you that you got a great blog here. I would love to continue reading here. Cheers!

  6. says

    I constantly spent my half an hour to read this website’s content all the time
    along with a mug of coffee.

    When you talk about a source to the first time in your assignment, it’s common to utilize the full name in the source.

    During this exam the grammar is just a section of what will likely be checked out.
    world ( 1800 flowers free
    shipping Especially for newcomers, as their reputation doesn’t get tarnished or percolate as a result of other.
    While most older desks were heavy single units, modern-day
    ones are produced in lighter modules that may be more easily
    moved or reassembled in different ways.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *