Someone emailed me this question again the other day and I realized it’s one people ask a lot. I’m in between ages for your two books – which one should I read?
read Graceful if:
- you are a girl in high school, 9 – 12 grade.
- you love to read and are a girl in 7th – 8th grade
- you are a mom who wants to learn more about your good girl daughter (elementary, middle, or high school age) who is showing signs of perfectionism, anxiety over school and relationships, and/or a genuine desire to know God.
- you are taking a gap year between high school and college.
- you are a high school girls small group leader – this book makes for great discussion and I wrote a free small group leader’s guide to help you out.
- you are a freshman in college.
I’d say anything below 6th grade is definitely too young. But if you have a 6th grader and you’re on the fence about it, just get the book and read it yourself. There may be some great conversations starters for you to bring up with her as she enters the tough middle school years. Visit the book page to find out more about the book, watch the trailer, or read an excerpt.
how to buy Graceful for only $5
If you think Graceful would be a good fit for you or your daughter, niece, sister, small group girls or son’s girlfriend, this is your super lucky day because LifeWay is running an amazing sale – you can buy Graceful at LifeWay for only $5! The low price is good both in stores and online.
read Grace for the Good Girl if:
- you are 18 or older – I’ve had women read who are from college-aged up to 90 years old.
- you are looking for a book to use for your women’s Bible study (small group leader guide is included in the back of the book)
- you are 16 – 18 years old and already read Graceful but want to know more about what it means to let go of the try-hard life you’ve been living
Obviously any aged girl/woman can read either book. But these are just some suggestions for which one to choose if you are on the fence about it. I’ve talked with Cru leaders who have told me they used Grace for the Good Girl with their college groups. I’ve also visited with my mom’s group of friends who all read the book together as well. Visit the book page to find out more, watch the trailer, or read an excerpt.
how to buy Grace for the Good Girl for only $5.60
I knew about the sale on the teen book, so I checked around to see the lowest price on Grace for the Good Girl – Amazon has it as a bargain book right now for only $5.60. I don’t know how long that sale will last, but I wanted to let you know about it when I saw it.
Have you read both/either book? If you have any tips about which book might be best for a certain age, please leave them in the comments and I might just add them to this post. It’s one thing for me to offer suggestions but it’s even better to hear what you might recommend as the reader. I hope you enjoy the $5 books!