May we be open to finding a gift in an unwelcome situation, hearing wisdom from an unlikely person, and receiving grace in an unexpected place. Enjoy your weekend, friends.
Here are some good reads and reminders:
- Forgive Yourself by Seth Godin, because these may be my favorite 62 words on the internet this week.
- How to Talk to Your Own Soul by Amber Haines, because her words always move me to stop and listen to the stirrings within me that make no sound but still cause a ruckus.
- Six People Born in the 19th Century Who Are Still With Us by Matthew Diebel for USA Today, because reading their short bios helps me to remember what matters in this world and what doesn’t. (They were born in the 1800s and they’re still here. I mean.)
- The Bench because I’ve decided to name my monthly newsletter and next week I’ll begin sending it out once again. Sign up to receive it and you’ll also get a free week-long devotional ebook I wrote, Seven Little Ways to Live Art.
- The Hope*ologie Podcast is available on iTunes, where The Nester, our Dad and I talk about our experiences with change, transition, and the hope we’re finding in the middle. We could all use a little hope on-the-go.
You don’t have to have a a Nook or Kindle – simply download the free Kindle app for your phone or computer.
Here’s to a lovely September Saturday.