Here on this first day of August, as we allow ourselves to glance into the days and weeks to come, may we keep our hearts light even as our hands begin to mark down fall plans on the calendar. May we remember to treat fear like an armed enemy, refusing to let him come into our homes, sit at our tables, and feast on our hope. Instead, let’s welcome Peace into the room, Joy into our hearts, and Love to the head of the table.
Enjoy your weekend, friends. Here are a few good reads for along the way:
- How God’s Glory Shows Up in the Midst of Change by Lauren Washer // Because when you long for a miracle but get God’s presence instead, sometimes it takes a little while to accept.
- I Have an Unhealthy Relationship With Food by Elizabeth Esther // Because almost everything she says here I have either said myself or heard another woman in my life say. And I also want to know why.
- Self-Care That Satisfies by Nina Nelson for The Art of Simple // Because I’m an INFJ too and these are good reminders.
- Skinny Jeans are Officially Over by Jessica Misener for Buzzfeed // Because I’m not sure how true this is, but it’s a step in the right direction. Air for ankles!
- Wild in the Hollow by Amber C. Haines // Because this is one of the best books I’ve read in years. Watch this two minute video below of Amber and you’ll see what I mean.
Every Saturday, I share a short blessing and a few good reads. To get these posts delivered into your inbox, simply sign up here and you’ll immediately receive an ebook I wrote, a week-long guide to help you create a little space for your soul to breathe.